Sunday, October 09, 2011

Fabric pages and more of the garden


It is still damp, and we have visitors coming so I have been 'at' the house, some bits have had a good going over, others as I ran out of oomph have had a lesser attack but the bthroom has had a clean and tomorrow I will wash floors, although if it is still damp that is always a bit of a pointless exercise by the back door, but at least I will know it has been done.
Oh for a thorough and young cleaning lady!
The top two photos are my small bit of using painted canveas and odd bits of stitch for the first of my fabric pages for my book, I have one lot of papers ready to go too but I do have a lot more to do before it is all finished. I was a bit hesitant about this one but from now on I think I will do a lot more sewing.
It is all a matter of finding the time for all of this and the garden weeds are calling very insistently. I have petunias to plant and weeds to pull but as it is still damp I am at the moment happy to let everything grow.
I hadnt realised that the clematis by the bedroom door was flowering as the long strands of the wisteria flowers tend to distract you but yesterday I looked up and there they were. and I found another rose manfully struggling to flower and up in the veg etable patch, near where John has been clearing the undergrowth I found these horse mushrooms. I think they are edible but am not game to try them.
The little gladioli are flowering their heads off too, I must move more of them around as they are so pretty at this time of the year.
Feel I have acheived something so all is well with my world.
Off to bake some biscuits for the visitors, the impossible pie is also made incase they are here for lunch, we had a bit for our lunch today, it was yummy.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Love all the photos Penny. I think you are amazing to do all the cleaning you manage with your ailments, and I am sure the visitors are coming to see you, not the house! My knee is feeling pretty good by the way, I can walk up and down the stairs without holding the rails - yippee!

Julie said...

Neat fabric pages! Love that cute little rose!