Monday, October 24, 2011

Making little birds

I have been having fun making these little birds, using up scraps, I will have to make a lot more before all my scraps are used.
I am off for a couple of days to Tiddy Widdy tomorrow on York Peninsula, I dont think the weather will be warm, here it has been overcast and dripping for days, but it just might be us. I know the garden is beginning to look like a jungle.
I haven packed and I have collected an awful lot of bits and pieces to take to do but goodness knows if I will do anything. At the moment I just feel like sitting and reading.
I have no doubt the car will be full tomorrow morning with all the 'stuff' I might need.
Our Rivington Welsh Ponies had a great weekend winning in various disciplines in three States, such a boost, so nice to know you are just not breeding led ponies but ones that can go out under saddle and go from leading rein to dressage.
Not sure if my cmputer will work while I am away, we will take it and try but if not I will be back on Friday.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Your little birds are lovely, Penny. I have a box full of scraps - velvets, silks and other fancy bits. I have been hauling them around in case I ever decided to make another patchwork quilt, but this looks like a delightful way to use some of those glamorous pieces. I am thinking about pin cushions, or maybe a mobile? Hope you have a lovely time away.

annie said...

Congrats on the ponies! These are charming little birds, Penny. Have a good trip.
annie