Sunday, October 30, 2011

Birds, fish and a rough day


I have finished these little birds, probably more on the way but not just at the moment. I love making them but I need to get some more things done, Christmas suddenly seems very close.
I received this wonderful fish from Jacky of dog daisy chains. I absolutely love it. Cant stop looking at it.
I worry about where all my loved bits will go when I am no longer here. Feeling a bit mortal at the moment as my older sister has a heart valve problem and she is wondering if she really needs to have an operation or not she is nearly 78 and not sure about how she will manage, either way. Such a dilemma when you are on your own and one son is far away and the other rather selfish and terribly busy. I have offered all the support I can give but it really in the long run is her decision, but non the less I worry for her.
I think part of the problem is we went through this with our mother and her last few years were not pleasant and that was not terribly long ago.
So this morning after a not terribly good nights sleep we blew the cobwebs away with a walk along the cliffs near the Bluff. Quite rough but not too bad and such a lovely sea

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

shirley said...

Penny, I just adore your little birds...reading what you say about all the bits when you are gone is something we all worry about...

Just love that fish i thought it looked like your work until I read the post...it still looks like something you would do.

tell your sister to have the op..it might take a couple of months or so to get over it, but she will be glad she did once she is on her feet.

ArtPropelled said...

Nothing like a walk and sea air to clear one's head! Penny, try not to worry. The right decision will come. Personally I would rather have the op if it improves one's quality of life, but of course there are always other issues to think about, and as you say, it is your sister's decision to make. Your flock of birds puts a smile on my face. They are very appealing!

virginia said...

I understand your worries about Rosemary, but she must decide. It's certainly not an easy decision. The quality of life will certainly be improved and that is the point of the whole thing, I suppose. I've got two valves which don't function too well. I've always wondered why I don't run around all over the place like most people do! I just feel knackered most of the time. But there are also simple, quiet pleasures like watching the birds on the river, the wild geese, cranes, etc. and the squirrels jumping from tree to tree.

Your birds are lovely and you have chosen such pretty material,

Much love,

V

Wanda..... said...

Sorry to hear of your sister's health problems and the stress I know it causes. Hope all turns out well for her, Penny. My younger sister had a heart attack 2 years ago and is doing fine now, but it leaves one with concern.

Your huddle of little birds is like a basket of jewels...love them so much, Penny. They are beautiful!

Suztats said...

Your basket of birds is very appealing, and they each seem to have a personality. Love that fish, too.
I hope your worries are soon melted away.
Hugs

Robin Mac said...

I know how shattering is the news of loved one's health problems. I hope she is able to make a decision soon, I often think the uncertainty is the worst part of it all. I am sure it will work out in the end. Love your birds, surely somobody in your family will take them when you are not here - they are so collectable. Cheers