Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A bit of play and rough weather


I have spent most of day mostly inside, we had gale force winds last night and over 40 mm of rain, at one stage I really was afraid the roof was leaking. This all happened after we got home from Adelaide.
We ate a hamburger overlooking the old oil refinery site and the small marina there and the waves were going over the marina wall at times. I did get out of the car to take these photos, it actually was still quite warm there.
Not too bad until we almost got home and then we hit the rain and the wind.
Today I have washed, ironed done really dreary things and finally when I had finished I sat and played with some free motion embroidery , this is a series of layers, base was some fabric paper, then a piece of cloth I had used to bash some periwinkle flowers on, then some transfer paints on curtain material, this I sewed, then stamped a leaf stamp and finally a piece of sari ribbon with some metal cut from the top of a bubbly cork covering using a paper punch and a small sari ribbon rose.
Dale from The Thread Studio had sent me her book using sari ribbon and some of the ribbon itself. Fun stuff to play with.
I am getting a few things done, but I am being so slow though that it is driving me crazy. So much to do and cant get my act together. This is something I had never contemplated having a problem with, now ...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jeragang said...

nice piece of hand works.... during rough wether....or after

annie said...

I love that embroidery, Penny. And the surf is just beautiful.
annie

Anonymous said...

Very nice I like it.

Suztats said...

I like your layered piece. So glad the roof didn't leak!