Friday, June 25, 2010

What we did at Broken Hill



I have a terrible cold, given to me by one of the women who was in our house at Broken Hill. I dont usually get colds and this one is awful, sore throat, coughing, head ache. Horrid.
So I am not functioning very well.
I won the raffle, I never win raffles so this was a great surprise and it was a lovely temari ball sitting on a tuffet, lovely.
We did various methods of getting colour onto fabric and this one was using shaving cream, I had never done this vbefore although I had read about it, it was a lot of fun.
The next is a work in progress and didnt photograph at all well, a paper clay head that is being beaded, I will slowly get her done.
On the Friday night after we had arrived we had to make a hat, it should be purple but mine wasnt quite. I had a flower and a hat band which I covered and added the flower I had and Lyn had some hydrangeas and some hat net so there is my fascinator for the next Ballarat forum.
Finally here is my head to go onto a yet to be completed bag, this was one of Maralyn's heads and it was lovely and fun to do,l I think the scan is a bit off in colour but never mind.
We did other things, I demo's the gelatin prints, which in their own way were a disaster as first I spilt a heap on the floor and then they froze in the fridge but we did get some nice prints never the less.
I am off to bed, feel rotten.

No comments: