Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Last night and today


Last night there was an incredible sunset as you can see, had to dive over the road and take its photo.
This morning the bay was shrouded in mist. I was going into Pt Lincoln early to go over the op shops, always takes time, and as I passed the boat ramp the boats in the fog looked incredible.
We actually have had a few foggy mornings but too early for me to be up and about.
So into Lincoln and here is my haul, 4 chiffon scarves, a collection of Australian bird cards, a china plate, probably Bavarian, a broken but incredible porcelain piece from Italy it and the National Geographic were give aways, 2 brass Italian frames and a couple of metal knobs, an old metal trophy, a Balinese wooden figure and I think that the other wooden objects probably came from there as well, they were $1.50 for three, oh and the 50c metal cookie jar, no lid but a lovely impression of the Arnotts logo on it, all for well under $10 .
now for some fun when I get home.
I had a coffee and a wander around and drove home enjoying the day.
I had hoped to see the local emus but still no luck.
We are out to the yacht club tonight as it is roast night, I am almost looking forward to not having fish!
Tomorrow is our last day so a bit of packing up is being done now, John is having the day off fishing then as well so we may do a wander.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

Don't you just love it when you go into an op shop and walk out with chiffon scarves.
I have been helping at our church op shop now for a few years and I always come home with something each time I go down there.

Wanda..... said...

That sunset was spectacular, Penny. I loved the view you captured!
♥...Wanda

shirley said...

Doreen, what a wonderful lot of stuff..I never seem to find anything in op shops ours are very boring. But we do have really good markets where I sometimes manage to make a "find".

Just love the picture frames.

shirley said...

I agree with Wander the sunset is spectacular Penny. That would make a great painting.

Ooops, sorry Penny, was looking at Doreen G's photos next to the comment box and typed Doreen instead of Penny in my other post....apologies!