Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simple printing



I had a few minutes today and a piece of the base of a polystyrene meat tray that I had cut.
so with a pencil I heavily drew in some lines, found a foam brush and some acrylic paint and printed it out to see what it looked like.
I quite like this and with a bit of textile medium and some fabric I can use it to sew onto.
My car has had to go and be checked over today for the big trip to Broken Hill, those who dont know, Broken Hill is up in the desert just over the border into New South Wales and is where large Silver Lead and zinc deposits were found and is about 7 hours drive from Adelaide and this is where I will be going for the week end on Friday.
So I have been in and out depositing and then collecting the car.
Another very cold night and no water in the taps this morning as they were frozen.
To make matters worse at about 10 am clouds appeared so the temperature hasnt risen over 10 degrees all day. My hands are suffering.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

I know what you mean about the cold Penny--one day last week at around 3pm the temp. here was 4 degrees.
Brrrr

annie said...

Really like thisd print, Penny.
annie

ArtPropelled said...

Great print Penny and I have been admiring your African inspired fellow in the next post.It's freezing here too. Snow falls a few miles away.

Sophie Munns said...

I really like what you have done with these materials Penny....I tend to use meat trays for palettes...but this is altogether a great improvement....
Fresh and simple...something to really invent with!

If you want to work on something seed-oriented Ive got a call out to bloggers happening for a "mail art show" of postcards "in homage to the Seed' which I will exhibit at Brisbane Botanic Gardens during a week in July - read more at my bogs if this interests you at all...

see you,
Sophie