Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A bit of this and that




It has got very cold and wet, we had a lovely rain overnight, the best for ages but really not that much when you look at it all in the context of what we have had this year.
The cold is best not talked about, I am managing to do things around the house but am not at my best.
We had a partial eclipse of the moon the other night and this is the best of the photos I took, my little digital cannot perform miracles.
When I arrived home from Broken Hill there were a few little things that caught my eye, the tiny weeping camelia had dropped some of its flowers on the path by the bedroom door, I am terrified I will lose it but it still seems to survive in its pot.
Looking out of the bedroom window I saw a honey eater with lots of insects in its mouth going to a nest, by the next morning the little nest was empty and above me was one of the honey eaters. I hope they were successful in their rearing but I was rather afraid they had not been.
Finally I am still playing around with easy prints, the paint for this was far too wet but it was fun to do, and normally I wouldnt use magenta but it was the first paint to hand.
I need to clean up my workroom, so much in there and I can hardly move not exactly a help to creativity.
I do seem to be happier hand sewing at the moment than any thing else.
Probably the affects of the blasted cold.

1 comment:

annie said...

I like that eclipse. And hurray for any rain that comes--at least that shows that it hasn't forgotten how. We had a good soft rain, here. So that will put off dangers of fires for awhile. Now we wait to see what that hurricane and spilled oil will do to the gulf beaches on the Texas side.
annie