Monday, June 14, 2010

Parsons Beach



this morning we had a frost but as the day was turning into a beautifully sunny one we decided to go and walk my favorite beach, Parsons.
There were quite a few surfers and walkers around as we have a long week end and of course I have forgotten and loaded these photos backwards, but that doesnt really matter.
Click on them to enlarge them.
These are the rocks at the far end of the beach, the wind had come up a bit from the north and I was trying to get the manes on the white horses as they broke, but I dont think you can see that terribly well.
It was just such a stunning morning and we meandered along enjoying it all.
Since we were last here there has been a lot of sand movement and more rocks exposed as these ones are about in the middle of the beach, lots of rock aggregate here.
The last views are from part way down the very steep track and from the look out at the top.
Isnt it stunning?
I had to be a bit careful going down as the track had been washed out in places.
I also found a wet monarch butterfly in the sand and put him on my pink jumper, where it stayed until we could put him on a bush and he happily flew off, I hope not back into the sea!
John had told me it wasnt there but suddenly it walked up my ear, so it was somewhere on me.
I have spent most of the rest of the day trying to work out what I can take with me to Broken Hill, I am weeding things out so there is room for other people in the car, and of course their luggage as well.


3 comments:

shirley said...

Hi Penny, Just love your pics of your beaches...the more I see of your photos the more I am pining for a walk on a beach.

Wanda..... said...

Your photos are almost life-like when enlarged, Penny!

♥...Wanda

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful scenic photographs! They remind me of Nellie Durand's stitchwork (the last photo in my stitch post). Click on her lake series and see what I mean.