Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The last foals


Something a bit different.
These two little boys are the last foals, the larger Section B colt was born in early December and the little Welsh Mountain colt was born on the 30th of December, he is a real cutie. Looked very tiny and scrawny when he was born but filling out and full of spunk now. We are so pleased with the look of him as he is by a young home bred stallion we used for the first time last year. I think they will probably both be geldings. A bit hard on both them and their mothers with no green feed but lots of lucerne hay is helping.
A dreadful day today, 40 degrees possibly more and a nasty north wind blowing. I am constantly scanning for smoke.
John is off to drought meetings as things are getting so bad here now that the worry is where do we get stock water from. The powers that be dont seem to want to know us and the majority of city people think we have access to mains water!! the latest is that it is illegal for your neighbour to give you any surplus stock water he might have. It is totally unbelievable. Days like this do not help the water situation.
I will not be on line for a day or two as I am off to very hot Adelaide tomorrow for a 2 day textile class that the embroiderers guild are puting on, I am dong silk fusion, will be fun.
I have been having great fun with Sharonb's stitch tuesday and am enjoying it immensley, some thing to do on hot and horrible days. I have also been cleaning out my work room, again, I see some wonderful workrooms, large with lots of space, mine well it was the smallest bedroom n the house and with all the shelves and things in it is even smaller. I cant even take a photo its so small.

3 comments:

SideShowMom said...

Penny, it's so good to see your colts looking strong despite the drought! I pray for your safety and a speedy end to the drought! Enjoy your class!

Blessings!

Anastasia said...

they are beautiful! The drought is devastating especially when we see people wasting water all the time...im trying to do my part...its the little things that make a big difference!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What gorgeous animals. You do have a lovely lifestyle Penny with so many animals around but...the drought. What - neighbours can't help one another with water? That's very strange.
Geelong is bad re water - soap-water only on the garden though I don't think it has killed any plants yet!
W.