Tuesday, July 30, 2019

This morning

I think I am getting over my cold, a trip into town and as parking is at a premium, lots of road works, we parked near the railway line and I remembered to get out to take a photo of these sheep. These are where the old stock yards were for the train and this is how the city has remembered them. We didnt have blue sheep but as far as I remember we were the last people to drove sheep from these yards back to the farm in about 1959. We then went to walk around the mouth of the Inman river. A white egret was there and some pelicans, I love the way as the tide comes in the pelicans line up at the mouth to see what fish they may catch. Yesterday while walking at Petrels we saw our first whale of the season, could have been one with a calf they were very hard to see as they were low in the water and only the odd bit of breath being blown made them vaguely visible. I am always so pleased to see the whales. The other photos were taken as we walked, the river itself and across the duck pond to the sea. The tide was coming in so not good for a walk on the beach. We live in such an interesting place and although it is not so easy to walk any more, I do love getting out.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You DO live in an interesting place. Glad you are feeling better.
xx, Carol

Diana Studer said...

We also saw a whale when we last walked on the beach. And you remind me, now we have had some good rain the Silvermine River is flowing and the mouth at the beach should be open.

Barry said...

Hi P - such beauty and variety. I love the story of the sheep and your connection - I would claim the odd blue sheep existed in your flock!!! The sighting of the whales must have been special - and what glorious sunshine in winter. Thanks for sharing. B