Saturday, July 13, 2019

Storm Boy

Last night I watched the original Storm Boy on tv. I had forgotten how it showcased our area so well I havent seen the modern version but loved this original one done in 1975. I remember when we were at I think a vintage wine club dinner at the motel up the hill when the film crew were there and being most impressed with a rather beautiful young Gulpilil. ( may not have that spelling correct) I have always had a soft spot for him and feel so sad that now he is so ill. This morning was very stormy and fronts with sharp showers were coming through regularly, we nearly got soaked when we walked and I took these photos of the pelicans on the Inman River. I love our big gorgeous black and white pelicans. They always look so majestic. So glad I live in an area like this and can enjoy both my wonderful surroundings and our wildlife. If you ever have a chance to see the original Storm Boy, do.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have always loved Australian films. I'll look for this one on my services.
xx, Carol