Saturday, June 07, 2014

A little stitchery and a walk

I finished this little stitchery today, what will I do with it? I dont know, I just like to have things I can stitch and this had some old lace and a silk heart and some buttons on an old table napkin base. We had a lovely walk this morning over to Crockery Bay at Pt Elliot, the she oaks were in full flower, and in the sun a lovely buttery yellow. This blue crane kept wandering just ahead of us on the path, such a handsome fellow. We had some rain over night and the little stream that follows through the granite rocks to the sea on the beach was burbling away and leaving lovely marks in the sand. We hadnt walked for a couple of days, yesterday was full of shopping and doctors appointments, I need to have an ultra sound and possibly a cortisone injection on my left shoulder, the same one that I had that done about 3 years ago, it is back troubling me and I am at the stage of hoping to get a bit of pain relief for it. To day it has been a mix of sun and cloud, but still quite warm for June. Bread is being made, olives are being brined and it is my youngest sons 51st Birthday, he is busy, this time of the year is always full on but some goodies have been sent up for him to enjoy later. Seems only the other day he was born during a very wet winter, the creek was up and we were not sure if we could get into the hospital, he was 3 weeks late and huge, 10lb 4oz and John had a bogged tractor and his older brother was in the same hospital in traction with a broken leg! Such busy times. There always seemed to be dramas when I was having babies.

2 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Water patterns on the beach sand make me feel nostalgic. Oh well, not too long before I go back to the wild coast.Hope your shoulder loosens up after the injection.

Suztats said...

Great shot of the crane and the rocks, Penny. Love the little stitchery. Take care of your shoulder.....