Friday, June 08, 2012

a few bits and pieces.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
It is still freezing cold, not quite a frost this morning but still 6degrees when I went in to shop at about 9.45 this morning. I spent most of the day in Victor, doing all the odd jobs and finally found a jacket that I think will be useful if we ever go away at the end of the year. While we were at Coffin Bay I made a few more little houses, they are such fun to make, I think a few more will be made in the next few months. I have been doing a lot more quiet stitching on this sun and moon stitchery and I think quite a lot more is still to be done. Although I have decided that I might like to make another cowl, I will see how things pan out, my hands are not working as I would like them to. Arthritis is a pain!! in more ways than one. Today would have been Stewies 18th Birthday, John and I collected some Banksias and took them up to his grave. I know I have shown this cupboard before, it was my mothers and after I took the photo I realised that the plate behind the girl with the fish was for the Queens Silver Jubilee. I have fun with this collection, they move around a bit, treasures from by gone years, collected on travels and made by me (the dolls). I am still feeling off with this wretched cold, and John is feeling even worse, we have had a few words, not something these days we tend to do, but when both of you are not up to par I suppose it happens. This is the start of a long week end, here in Oz the Queens Birthday week end, I think we will be trying to be a bit quiet and just get on with things, slowly!

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Really enjoyed viewing your lovely collection of items on the cabinet, Penny. Your dolls and small houses are very impressive.

shirley said...

Enjoy your quiet weekend Penny. I love your houses each one is so individual.