Sunday, May 15, 2011

This morning at Pt Elliot

After yesterdays rough seas in the bay we decided to go over to the point at Pt Elliot to walk and take photos. the sea wasnt quite as rough as it had been yesterday, but enough for some spectacular shots and the boys were out surfing by the big rock.
It was interesting because there were families fishing in at Sandtd Beach and it was quite calm and just around the corner you saw this.
The granite rocks are looking beautifully orange at the moment and the sea was really pounding in, spray and bubles and lots of people walking as well.
Quite warm and sunny, infact I got hot while John had sensibly not worn a windcheater.
I have done a barrow load of cutting back as finally it is not so dreary outside, but to my horror one barrow load up the steep track and now I need to find something easy to do.
Actually a nana nap would be nice but I have things to do.
I need to find something to knit and cant find the pattern I am looking for, it is in my head but I need a bit more than that, so in looking I have made an awful mess and will have to get it all sorted out before I can get on with anything else. The story of my life!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Hildred said...

It looks so cold Penny, and yet the photos are deceiving I guess, as you speak about being too warm. About the knitting, - I am with you! Charles wants a pair of socks, but I am looking for something less prosaic.

virginia said...

Fabulous pictures, Pen, also the ones from yesterday. How lucky you are to live so near to the beach and to be able to experience the sound of the surf and the magic of the sea in all its nuances.

Love,

V

shirley said...

Dont you just hate it when You know you have a pattern,design etc, and after turning the place upside down realise the chaos created. It happens to me all the time.

The photos of the water are spectacular.

Suztats said...

Wonderful pics Penny! I've searched for something I know I had, gone through the places 3 times, and later find it in the first spot I looked, but somehow missed it! Hmmm, maybe I need new glasses?

Gpierce said...

When I see your photos of the ocean it takes me back to the Monterey Peninsula where I lived for over 30 years. I've been in the desert for nearly 5 years now. Sending you hugs. Gail