Monday, May 09, 2011

Sea and flowers


Thank you to all who wished me a happy mothers day, it mostly was, and would have been so much better without the threat of rain and aching joints but that is something I have to cope with.
this boat was in the bay a few days ago, it was all so calm then, still not much wind but cold and dreary.
My Debutante camellia is flowering, always the first of the non sasanquas, and the first camellia I ever planted here in this garden having been told they would not grow, in some ways 'they' were right as some do and some dont but this one is sheltered by the rain water tanks and I can see her from the kitchen window. She is always such a delight. The little flower in the last photo quietly self seeds and I cant for the life of me remember what she is, but she has been happily flowering in a pot the back door for months.
We had a lovely meal last night with half the family, at this stage Mason and Millie are very well behaved and a delight to be with, our Melbourne son rang through and paid for most of our meal which was lovely too.
So all in all a good day.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michael said...

I´m a bit late here in the norhtern part of our globe. we celebrate Mother´s day in 2 weeks time. we finally left the ice-age and it´s now + 20 c with flowering trees! all the best, Ingrid