Sunday, May 29, 2011

Coffin Bay and gettingt here

I made a mosaic of photos, some I took while we were driving yesterday, from home to Coffin Bay, we left a bit after 6 am and arrived about 4.30 pm with stops on the way.
Yesterday was great driving weather and the clouds were absolutely spectacular, we went through a few heavy showers and the roadsides were remarkably green after the last few years when it has been dry and bare. A lot of this is very marginal saltbush and blue bush country which turns into arable land the further south we went.
To get here we go up one side of the gulf and then down the other side. So you see a lot of different landscapes.
Today I did a quick walk along part of the oyster walk, I know I take these photos every year ,but they are always a bit different, the orange correa was flowering every where and in great masses, such a lovely small bush covering itself this year after years of poor rainfall.
The fellows have come in early having caught their bag limit of fish and a bucket of crabs. M and I have had a lazy day, bread was made and a soup, we have walked and I did some sewing.
I was in agony this morning for a while with my shoulder, the bed is not terribly soft and it aggravated it after a lot of sitting and then unloading stuff last nightbut it is now feeling better thank goodness.
I love being here, not a lot to do, good company and wonderful views.
Off to see if I can paint or draw something.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hildred said...

lovely to know what you are doing Penny, day by day.