Saturday, July 12, 2008

A seal and other beasties




We had a lovely walk this morning over the causeway to Granite Island. The camera got a good work out as we saw a seal just under the causeway, the closest I have got for ages, he was having a lovely time rolling on his back and rolling over and around.
then the horse tram was coming with the interesting back drop of the steps up to the top of the island, a cormorant and then two young sea gulls who were standing conveniently close to us.
We had a coffee at the Anchorage and then home.
It is now blowing a gale, but at lest the towels I had washed dried. Iwas a little bit domestic today, really didnt feel like it, I think if I am not careful I will turn into a not terribly clean or tidy old woman!!
I feel really wicked as I havent done a painting for my other blog for ages, but after the rather long walk my hip decided it didnt like me, then the Crows who started off in front lost two key players and lost quite badly, again, football!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I too went out 'for a blow' and see on my blog what happened...! Ralph was very pleased that Collingwood one.