Monday, May 05, 2008

Quilt ready to quilt and native flowers


My art
quilt is now ready for me to get brave and take it to the machine and quilt it. I may do that tomorrow. Anyway here it is with its accents and then after quilting I will bead it, which may take some time to do, but I am not worried about that. This class with Ellen Lndner has been fascinating and making me do things I have never done before.
I took a day off blogging yesterday as it was out Welsh foal show, and although these days I just go and look I find standing for hours on concrete very tiring, as well as driving up and back for an hour each way, sounds awfully whimpy doesnt it.
Our foals did really well with both our foals and Tabby's foals winning classes and gaining Championships and our little A colt being Supreme foal.
Although my garden looks very bare these native trees are flowering well, the first is a Hakea, with its duckbilled seeds and white flowers and the second is a Flinders Ranges wattle, always one of the first to bloom. I photographed these on our walk on Saturday.

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Your quilt looks lovely Penny, I shall be interested to see the final result. I love the hakeas also. Congrats on the wins with your ponies. Robin

Alison said...

My Flinders wattle is in bloom too - not as dense as yours though