Friday, September 20, 2019

Fabulous day

I am tired, too much excitement for an old lady!! The start of birthday celebrations. Our friend from Queensland Jill and her friend Pat were on the Indian Pacific, train from Sydney to Perth and had a few hours in Adelaide so we collected them and took them for a walk around the Botanic Gardens, unfortunately the coffee shop had stopped, and it wasnt even 4 pm. Oh well a walk through the big conservatory and then a quick tour around the city and down to the Glenelg marina where we had booked a table at the Wharf. We were early but that didnt matter, had a drink and nibbles and then mains. I had their sea food chowder which was very nice. John had mussels which he said were fabulous. Jill is allergic to sea food and this was the one place I felt gave a reasonable selection of other foods. John and I are of course sea food addicts. This was Jills treat for my up and coming birthday and Pats past birthday. Both 80. Unbelievable but I think I felt it by the time we got home. Such a warm still night, the weather bureau got it wrong, supposed to be raised dust and high winds, not while we were there. Perfect. Dropped them back to the station full of food and headed home, We are not used to driving in the city at night but we managed it with no problems although we are both very tired today. Such a lovely fun filled evening. I hope the rest of their trip goes well. Off to have a small snooze.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a great visit you had and took them to an interesting place too.
xx, Carol

The Weaver of Grass said...

Looks and soundsa lovely day - and the idea of that sea food made my mouth water. But I know exactly what you mean by 'feeling in' when you arrived home. At 86 I get so easily tired but still enjoy life.