Sunday, June 16, 2019

Hindmarsh Valley Falls this morning

A beautiful morning. John decided that as the tides were wrong we would go out to Hindmarsh Valley and walk to the falls and collect eggs from Tab on the way home. It is an interesting climb/ walk down to the viewing platform, especially for some one who uses a stick but I managed it. Going back up was a little more interesting as the steps are not of an even height but I made it. We have had quite a lot of rain so the falls were quite spectacular. When we called in to collect the eggs half the family was there so caught up with ;Gabby and baby Nathan and Lachie as well as Millie and a couple of her half sisters who had arrived. Not to mention people collecting hens from Tab as she sells point of lay hens as well as her heritage poultry. All go and I was ready to get home. Beautiful day, but I have certainly had my walk. Feeling a bit annoyed though as I had prepared soup and put it in the slow cooker, came home to find I hadnt turned it on at the switch. Not that it mattered it will just take longer.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

A great place to visit and hike. My grandson sends videos of falls near where he lives in California. He is seeing a lot of places I always wanted to go. We have never been able to travel much...mostly hindered by my husband's idea of how we should spend our time off work and then later by finances. Well, I will have another life one day. Who know's what I'll see then.
xx, Carol