Monday, December 31, 2018

walking late afternoon, yesterday.

So many people around and I could not believe my eyes when I found this newly dead weedy sea dragon washed ashore at my feet. And no one else had seen it. In all my years of beach combing, and they must be at least 77 I have never seen one in such pristine condition. So pleased. Home with a happy dance. Well sad it had died but lovely to find it. We are still both very tired but getting over our last week slowly. It has been a bit cooler so I have managed to put thrive all over the newly planted petunias and moved the front pots back so things look a bit more normal. I love my pots. I did wander down the road this morning and picked four agapanthus heads from the outside of a fence. do like my aggies in a vase. Having a slow day, doing some embroidery a nice little pin I found in Cloth Paper, Scissors I bought on Friday. I couldnt resist this one, lots of nice things to do. I get rather bored when it is too hot to go outside. Missing Jill who went home on Friday, but just the two of us have quietly settled down into what is probably a boring life. Tending to walk in the late afternoon as the tide is right then. I think we will be in bed before midnight although the dog probably wont be happy with the fire works. I just hope he doesnt break the door down this year. I think I will try a glass of ginger wine and bubbly tonight too. I am sure it is not good for me, but you only die once. Hope every one stays safe tonight and ready for a brand new year.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy New Year. What a wonderful gift you received from the Universe. We have received SO MUCH rain in Northern Indiana USA. I brought my rain gauge in for the winter, but I watched the water pour out of the down spout and silently patted myself on the back for cleaning the gutters right before it turned colder. "They" say one inch of rain would be a foot of snow here so I'm happy we dodged the bullet.
Happy New Year. Best wishes for a safe and healthy new year.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

P - quite a little treasure there. Sounds like you had a good plan for celebrating NY. Peace. B