Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas day on KI.

I will be cooking a duck for dinner. John has just made the brandy butter. The Christmas challenge has been going on for odd moments during the day and our morning walk on the beach at Antechamber Bay brought forth this wonderful treasure. A paper nautilus. Unbroken and wonderful. I love Christmas here, peaceful, slow and like no where else. I would rather cook too. We had a salad followed by raspberries with ice cream and a little port over the top. Not too much,as we wait for the main meal tonight.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Merry Christmas. That shell is a real treasure.
xx, Carol

Robin Mac said...

Glad you had such a good time, the food sounds delicious. I think we had too much of everything, now I need to do a lot of walking to compensate!!!
Have a happy New Year XX

Hildred said...

Your Christmas sounds lovely, Penny. The nautilus is beautiful, - so delicate and pure.

Hope your New Year is as sweet.