Saturday, September 01, 2018

I am loving the skies.

We had a lovely walk this morning, Pacific gulls and clouds. The sea weed had built up around towards the Bluff but was remarkably clear near the Inman River mouth so we walked that way. I am having problems with my aching back and hips but am managing. Home to plant a couple of plants in the front bed. Not sure how they will go. have blackbirds trying to rip stuff up. I dont really mind what grows in there so long as they grow. The little mare that won her novice yesterday won her open today, wish I was there to see it but I just cant manage it. At least they let me know with photos. She looks really lovely and a great child riding her too. Trying to finish another needle case and have found some black beads for eyes. John is researching the family tree, looks as if so far we have found a bit more on my grandmother on my mothers side. It is all very interesting.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love to read the history of the land where our house is built. It is a kind of rural area on the bay of the St. Joseph River. Many towns around here are named for Indians that lived here long ago. I think it would be great to learn more about my ancestors, however, I don't really know names etc so it would probably be a bust as I was not raised by my parents. From conversations I overheard as a child, I am sure that my grandparents probably lived in an area of Poland that was taken over by Germany for a while. Now my mind is wandering off in all directions. I hope your back feels better.
xx, Carol