Saturday, October 11, 2014

Three more birds and a bit of excitement

I am still being affected by this wretched lurgi as well as hay fever. Came home from seeing my doctor with bits of paper to have my shoulder x rayed and a check on a heart valve, fun. We had a small black snake in the house, about 2 ft long but very thin, not sure where it got in as I still had doors and windows all shut tight, still these things happen and at least John managed to kill it, not something I like doing but it wasnt going to go outside easily. We have had another foal, a Section B welsh this time, big and leggy and lovely. Three more birds I have finished, not sure what I am going to do next, I need to find some more linen. I did manage a walk this morning, the first in about a week, and suddenly the garden is blooming, but we need rain desperately, such a shame when we had a good winter and then spring lets us down, Not that the plants know that but terribly early for the hay to be cut and paddocks are going off terribly quickly, a lot of people will not be cutting much hay this year which adds to extra stress on the local farming community, as if we were not having enough problems. This just makes our thoughts of quitting that much more urgent, and rather depressing.

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Interesting your writing about the Crompton family after reading my post. The diaries in question are all available to read at the Records Office in Northallerton, North Yorkshire if that is any help.
Thanks for visiting my blog, I shall put you on my side bar.

Julie said...

Love your birdies! Take care of yourself, Penny! Best wishes to you with the farm!

Jo Murray said...

Buck up Penny...the hay fever season is almost over. I sympathise as we have a paddock full of black wattles next to us. LOVE your birds.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Cute birds.

Suztats said...

love those birds, Penny!

Barry said...

Hi P - the fabric birds look like a lot of fun - but beyond my capability. Snakes in the house are never a good thing. Quite a few heath niggles there - hope you get them resolved. B