Thursday, October 16, 2014

A very special foal and more of the garden

I am still in the thrall of this wretched lurgi so only doing what I have to. This morning however a very special foal was born, I lost his grandmother foaling last year and we were quite apprehensive about this first time mother, She is my cream Welsh B mare Rivington Sunday Best and for a first foal we put her not to a section b but to a section a stallion, our very well performed Rivington Spring rain. This little colt will I imagine be a stunning little saddle pony, all well and he is a corker. i have muddled up the captions for the photos but I think you can work it out. While I was out with the camera I took a few photos around the garden, the rose zephryn drouin always has flowers on her, the first of the clematis are out, I loved the citrus yellow of the euphorbia against the grey of the succulent and the new leaves on the trees behind. Finally the yellow banksia rose is flowering magnificently, popped out the back where it could spread to its hearts content. It never fails to amaze me how lovely, however fleeting, the garden looks in spring.

5 comments:

Stitching Lady said...

Beautiful photo of the horses - She - the mother - must be happy that the bringing to life is over and the foal is happily jumping around her.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Everything is alive and so very beautiful.. What joy this all must evoke!

Jo Murray said...

What glorious creatures!...and your spring garden is a picture (or several)

Velma Bolyard said...

penny, it's been a while since i've been over, and there he is, a beautiful foal. wow, and spring, just as the last half of the leaves are falling here in our long, mild autumn.

Barry said...

Hi P - looks like you have had a total breakout of Spring - riots of growth and colour; and beautiful new life in the foal - o uplifting. B