Monday, May 26, 2014

My week in stitch and a visit to the next town

My week in stitch included my 5 hour trip up to Mambray Creek at the foot of the Flinders Ranges, between Pt Pirie and Pt Augusta. I was staying with friends. Tuesday we celebrated K's 70th Birthday with friends and cake. Wednesday was a relatively quiet day, stitching hearts and walking the dog. Thursday I packed up and headed off for the long trip home, not too bad but having to go from one side of the city to the other is tiring. Friday we went for a walk and shopped and I did a lot of mundane things like washing. Saturday we went over to Goolwa on the River Murray and I saw a large pelican, such lovely silly birds, all beak. Sunday was the local Riding clubs 50th anniversary which in the early days we had a lot to do with and three generations of our family have had connections with. A pretty full week. I have just come back from taking a load of books over to the next town, going the back way and saw this delightful scene of a windmill and an old cottage on the way home. We have had some rain and everything was green and there are some new lambs around. I should have stopped to take their photos too but it wasnt an easy place to park. Off to do a bit more heart stitching, a new one.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Penny, your embroidered diary of your daily activities is so very special. dedication, handwork and beauty all in one. I love them!