Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This and that

 The mares and foals came in today, I had to go into town to get mail and papers and a few other odds and ends and couldnt get through the yard, I had to go through the paddocks.
My one opportunity to see some of them, this is not them all but a couple of lovely foals in there.
John is still in and out of bed and I feel a bit like death warmed up, he shivered and then got hot last night in bed, I should have moved out but was rather worried about him so didnt sleep well instead.
I just hope I dont get this nasty virus, some one said for some people it had gone on for 9 days.
I am still coughing from the cold he gave me.
My clematis has just gone on and on flowering, I suppose this damp weather is helping and for the first time ever my cactus in a pot on the front terrace is also flowering. Poor thing it gets terribly neglected but I like its cheerful yellow flowers and I see there are a lot more coming.
I have wrapped and sorted most of the Christmas presents, still some biscuits to make and really if the cat wasnt shedding hair all over the house I would be a happy chappie, but ... well some how I am not.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh wow...what an awesome shot of your cactus in bloom! Those are some really nice cranberry colored buds!
So sorry to hear about John. Hope he is better very quickly and you get over your cough!!! Goodness.
I just started wrapping all of the Christmas gifts last night. Will be glad to have them all dispersed! hehehe.
This time of year is so busy, but also fun!
XOXO-Julie

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, I do love seeing the horses and the cattle, all so plump and fine. And, yes, the foals are real beauties. I look forward to seeing more of your animals here. Your world is so different from ours now. We are still covered over with ice and snow so the animals are being fed a double amount of hay these days.
Your cactus is putting on quite a show for Christmas...so bright and bold.
Hope you and all feel much better soon.

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful photo of your horses. Hope you are both back to normal soon.

Robin Mac said...

I meant to comment a couple of days ago, but blogger was not co-operating, then I ran out of time. I hope John - and you - are both better by now. The flowers are glorious, I would love to be able to grow clematis. Cheers

Annie Cholewa said...

Gorgeous cactus!

I do hope you're all well soon x

Barry said...

Hi P - one of the facts of working property is that there is always something happening and needing to be done. The foals look beautiful. Go well. B