Monday, December 09, 2013

My week in stitch and a walk




 So this week was a bit haphazard, Monday was Adelaide and a hair cut for me. Tuesday I was tired and made a  christmas cake, the first of five but some how trying to translate that into stitch doesnt seem to work.
Wednesday was a walk and a nother christmas cake, Thursday was a funeral for an old friend, and another christmas cake!
Friday I didnt bake, I shopped in the morning and went to the school where Millie goes end of year presentation, she was a roman soldier, and there was a nativity play, it was lovely and well done with the whole school taking part.
Saturday we both cooked, John made 10 mugs of pate and I made another christmas cake, we seemed to be in the kitchen all day but did manage a walk early in the morning.
Sunday, the last christmas cake was made, I also made some of these cute little polymer clay owl ornaments and did some gardening.
Whew what a week!!Tthis morning we went for a short walk as John had been getting cockles all day yesterday and his joints were aching so we did an easy walk around the caravan park near the mouth of the Inman river, havent been there for ages and I took a few photos, found these wonderful huge white poppies whose name I forget growing in a front garden just over the bridge on the river and had to take their photo, wish I could grow them but I have tried but they dont like my soil.
Loved the egret in the reeds.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Love the photos Penny and those poppies are gorgeous. Your weeks in stitch always fascinate me. Are you off to the Island for Christmas this year? Cheers

Hill Top Post said...

Your interests are my interests, even though we are thousands of miles apart. I am enjoying a look back at some of your earlier posts...

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Your weeks in stitch is a clever idea, a different way of doing a diary.

Jo Murray said...

I still find it amazing that you make such interesting stitched panels every week.