Monday, December 16, 2013

Rather busy

 I am rather behind with things but slowly getting there.
I havent done my daily stitch yet, I was a bit tired yesterday and today I have been on the go again.
Yesterday was a lovely picnic lunch in the park to celebrate my friend P's 80th Birthday, she isnt actually quite there yet as the actual birthday is the 24th but close enough. Here with her family.
It was a fun and joyous occasion and the food was good and the weather was brilliant.
John managed to drive up and back too so he is slowly on the mend.
today I delievered presents and had morning tea with friends who live about an hour away, two morning teas! but it was so lovely to feel I can drive again, and lovely to see them, it has been too long.
we are gearing up for 40 degree heat on Thursday, just when we head off for Kangaroo Island and with such lovely weather we have been having I am afraid the garden will suffer.
We are watering like mad and here is a gorgeous grouping just outside my workroom window.
the honey eaters have been visiting this fuchsia and loving it.
I am baking again and tomorrow I have several sets of biscuits to do and then I think I will have finished, I hope. I keep forgetting to take photos!!
I am also finally getting a few Christmas cards done, I think the overseas ones will be late, cant do everything and with such a horrid year it is amazing I am managing to get anything done. John being sick now hasnt helped either.
A few final deliveries on Wednesay, and the cat to the cattery, organising for those who will look after the house too, Oh gosh I hope I am still on my feet by then.
Then I will think abut packing for the Island.
I hope every one else is better organised than I am.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a crazy time of year!!!!! Glad you are driving again and your DH is feeling better! You guys sure do get around! Hope your upcoming trip will be wonderful!
Xoxo-Julie

Robin Mac said...

I am glad to read you are driving again. Have a lovely relaxing time on the Island - you will need the rest after all your recent activity. Happy Christmas

Hill Top Post said...

You write of morning tea with friends...such a lovely thing. Hopefully your trip to Kangaroo Island (will have to research that) will be a nice and restful break, and that the garden will not suffer much during your absence. The fuchsia is beautiful; hoping our honey eaters are being well fed, wherever they are. Merry Christmas!