Sunday, September 01, 2013

My dayly embroidery and a couple of dolls from the symposium



 I managed to put about 2 weeks onto this piece, from wet and windy to packing my suitcase and then flying off to Coffs Harbour, class ladies, more tropical than home, parties at night, a water dragon and saying goodbye, to home and a rush trip to have hair cuts, more rain and wind and then suddenly sun and the blossoms out and yesterday a walk on the beach and collecting shells, not a very good shell and my water dragon isnt too good either but it is keeping me on my toes.
Barbara Willis doll, no hair but I have got her bloomers on, still more to do here and on the other dols I am slowly trying to finish.
 My mermaid, made in Salli Lampi's class, a close up of her face and then her sitting with her shells in a little basket that m and ms came in at the pink banquet.
It was all such fun.
Since I came home it has blown a gale, poured with rain, and now it is warm and sunny.
John has gone fishing.
I am still feeling my knee could be co operating better but I am trying to get things done inside as outside is too depressing!! Weeds!! But the soil  is still too damp too pull them and I am not sure how or if I can get down to do it any way.
I am making a steak and kidney pie for dinner, its fathers day but so far only I have remembered, perhaps they will ring tonight.
Click to enlarge photos, and sorry about the doll backgounds!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lins Artyblobs said...

Your dolls are looking great Penny.

Hildred said...

Love your dollies Penny, - what a delightful and creative way to spend time.

Robin Mac said...

I love your dolls too. You seem to have been very busy since you came home! I see it will be 28 in Adelaide today - you are certainly getting every season in a week down there! Cheers.

Julie said...

That is a very sweet sampler, Penny!!! Love it! Your dollas are so neat! How fun!!!