Friday, August 30, 2013

a little bit more of the cloth doll symposium


 I really didnt take a lot of photos, and in some they have not come out well. but here are a few more. Leaving, elenor peace bailey (epb0, Jandee and Barbara Willis stiking a pose, the others had gone before we thought to get our cameras out.
The doll the Newcastle dollies made for Gloria, wouldlove to do one of these.
The view we had every morning at breakfast, often there were surfers and we hoped for a whale but didnt see one.
A brush turkey, they had a nest mound near where we walked for breakfast but it was very dark so hard to take photos, I did see the pair scratching into the mound one morning, they lay their eggs in the mound and the heat generated helps to hatch the eggs, so they open it u and close it constantly to make sure the temperature is correct.
I didnt manage to take a photo of the water dragons who were by the pool, I only saw them one day they were quite large and looked a bit like an iguana. I had to look them up on the internet as I hadnt heard of them before.
Having come home to much colder and wetter weathert I am now aching again!! Grrrr.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely doll. That view was breathtaking!!! I love Mr. Bird with the black and red and yellow! He was a good study for your very interesting bird drawings!!! Hope you are well. Been absent for a week or so...hope to be back on blogs more. Busier than I should be.
xoxo- Julie

Robin Mac said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Penny, love all the photos. Those turkeys are the bane of gardener's lives up here in Queensland, especially when they decide they should build their mound in YOUR garden!