Friday, August 02, 2013

A commission

 These havent scanned very well but you get the idea. I made them in 2008, where does the time go?
Any way I was asked the other day to make another 4 for the person who bought them and I have been busy getting together all the things I need and the faces and hands and feet made.
I had totally forgotten how I made them so it has been a learning curve, has some of my brain gone while under the anaesthetic? I hope not.
I found needle felting on my machine a bit interesting as my right knee doesnt bend quite as it should, which is also why I havent sewn up my body for the doll retreat at Coffs harbor, which is not far away now, scary how the weeks have wizzed by and I feel I have very little to show for it.
Poor John has gone down with a cold and is feeling miserable, so I have had to get back to washing and cooking and cleaning! Do you think he did it on purpose?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

I believe he did do it on purpose! LOL. Just kidding! Love these very interesting dolls!!!

PamelaB said...


I love your dolls, they have real personalities. Thank you for your comment on my pictures, they are going into an exhibition tomorrow with five others.

Gwen Buchanan said...

You have created some very cool little creatures.

Jo Murray said...

They're so cute. It's interesting how we forget our techniques from way back when.

Robin Mac said...

I must get my Sarah Lawrence book out again, I loved making those dolls, can't believe it was so long ago. Lucky you to have had John doing the chores all this time - bill resigned from domestic chores the day we came home from Buderim!! I hope John gets better soon and does not share it with you. Cheers.