Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Quietly sewing

 The start of a book.
These are sample pieces, left over from various classes and ideas.
Rusted fabric.
I dont want to back these pages with anything so have tried to make the sewing on the other side look a little bit interesting.
I am having fun working out what to do.
Dorothy Caldwell class, taking colour from black with bleach.
again the back of that page.
Cas Holmes class, layering with paper, fabric and a leaf, free motion sewing.
So I am quietly going, finding things to use has been such fun.
We had a lovely walk yesterday morning but the rest of the day was a bit of a flop as I try to get stuff together for next week and my knee aches.
I am finding I cant walk too much or I am a mess for the rest of the day.
Trying to be positive!!
Will has been in and out and no trouble at all, Mason came for a short visit yesterday too as his mother is working and Sarah is looking after him. Apparently he spent a large part of the afternoon 'fishing' in the paddle pool with the dogs watching (when they were not pinching his fish!) he caught tuna and whiting and salmon and snapper and some oysters and three crayfish in a net - all imagined although the tuna were pieces of bark.
Kept him amused for ages.
So sad they have to grow up.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Julie said...

Like your sewing ideas! Have you seen this blog called SPIRIT CLOTH??? I think you would like it, Penny!

ArtPropelled said...

You have taken workshops with some amazing artists, Penny!I love what you are doing, back and front.

Unknown said...

lovely pieces! very inspiring. So sorry to hear that your knee is so bad. XOXO

Suztats said...

Some very interesting pieces for your new book, Penny. I really like the pattern in the darker fabric.
Sorry your knee is causing you problems.

Hildred said...

Love the story of your 'fisherman', Penny, and some very nice pieces here. Good to have a project which hopefully distracts you from your painful knees.