Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New ear rings and around the garden


I bught some silver wire when I was at Ballarat and decided to see if I could make some ear rings with beads on them. I beat the wire flat and managed to not hit the beads! I am quite pleased with them.
I walked around the garden with Max this morning, in between showers of rain, slowly the amount is building which is lovel.
I let the chooks out and here are the rooster and hen I bought last year, they are so pretty.
The pomegranite has a flew fruit on it, I love the shiny red of the outside. This is not a terribly good eating variety, I think it was a seedling but I have some of its seedlings around the place and the leaves go a lovely butter yellow later in autumn.
The buerre bosche pear goes the most lovely autumn colours, I love the fruit but it is worth growing if only for its autumn foliage.
There is a bit to look at but after such a dry summer a lot of the leaves have fallen without colouring and the birds took most of the fruit.
Off to feed my hungry dogs and put the chooks away, then think about dinner for us, I think chicken baked with a leek and cheese sauce would be nice.
Oh and there is a reason for my aches, the dreaded polymyalga is back, and I cant have cortisone until after I have the knee op, so we are trying a bit of mind over matter and some stronger pain meds.
Wish me luck.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The earrings turned out great and I love those birds, you're right they are so pretty.

Jo Murray said...

You live in such a lovely place Penny. Those earrings are gorgeous.

Robin Mac said...

Lovely earrings and beautiful colours. So sorry your polymyalgia is back, I wish you luck with the mind over matter. Roll on the knee replacement. Cheers

Julie said...

good luck, Penny! love your earrings!

Unknown said...

I really love the earings

Barry said...

P - what a lovely balance - creating earrings and being surrounded by a burgeoning garden. B