Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waitpinga and Parsons Beach


We have had such rough weather for the last few days and the surf report was for at least 4 meter waves down here so this afternoon John and I went to see what it all looked like.
Normally this is a favorite walking spot but I am still being careful of my knee and the walk down is a few hundred feet.
First this is a treacherous bit of coast, people have drowned been taken by sharks and as this fellow was, a big sea came in and took him from the rocks as he was fishing.
I think just by looking at these photos you will get some idea of how treacherous it is, but the surfers love it for all that.
It is in national park so the surrounding scrub is always interesting.
The first few photos were facing the east and the last ones facing west, so two gorgeous and untamed bits of beach within 20 minutes of home.
I took more photos and they may go up tomorrow as I am house cleaning, the suitcase is sort of packed, there seems to be a Govt warning for Aussies going to Germany, all this excitement is probably not good for us but who cares. If your time is up your time is up!
I quite like this quote by Luc de Clapiers
"To achieve great things
we must live as though we were
never going to die."



4 comments:

Downunderdale said...

have a safe trip and a fabulous time Penny and we will see you at Ally Pally! Dale

Wanda..... said...

Such beautiful shore photos Penny...I envy your view!

Kelly said...

...incredibly beautiful scenery. I can see that it could be very treacherous. Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen Urlaub ins Deutschland!

Karen said...

Wonderful pictures, sad about the young lad. My maiden name was Ellis almost the same.