Tuesday, September 01, 2009

This evenings walk (stagger)



I have been trying to get a few things finished so I didnt get out to walk until quite late and the shadows were long. My knee decided it didnt much like me so I only walked along the road to the gate at the start of the old road and back.
Dogs were fed, washing in off the line and a casserole is in the oven as I go to Adelaide tomorrow.
There were pools of water beside the road and our neighbour was burning a heap of rubbish.
I found these toadstools/mushrooms by the edge of the road. I didnt bother to investigate too closely but I liked the way they were snuggled up together.
The black wattle is just starting to flower and although damaged by the rain the perfume was almost overpowering, you could smell it from feet away.
I love the way the gums line the road and send their shadows over it, an arch way of trees and shadows.
Walking up the track to the house this little self sown prunus is bravely showing off its flowers against the very strident yellow of the daisy. I love this daisy as it is so strongly coloured at this time of the year, but probably wouldnt like it in summer.
My quote tonight is from AA Milne and is said by Winnie the Pooh.

"If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be
a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live
without you."


3 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful pictures, I like the one of the gum trees lining the room the best.

Wanda..... said...

You have a lovely place to walk Penny. I love the look of that little pool of water...very picturesque!

Smiles,
Wanda

Caroline said...

Penny I love coming here, your photos take me on a journey each time. Beautiful country, one day I hope to go there! Until then I have you! Thanks
caroline