Friday, September 04, 2009

Produce and garden flowers



This top photo shows the loaf of bread I baked this afternoon and 4 eggs my chooks laid today. I have 5 but one is so old I think she has stopped producing but I dont quite know what to do with her, I cant eat her!
This evening after I had fed the dogs I took the camera for a wander.
I had been moving furniture around and was absolutely exhausted and my knee doesnt like me lifting heavy cupboards, so no walk but I think the cleaning and carrying and lifting probably did more than a walk would have done.
Of course the floor in the hall may collapse or the house fall over but I needed more cupboard space, one of the problems with an old house, nothing was built in.
So in the garden weeds as well as flowers are happening at a great rate.
The Dutch Iris and the freesias have snuck up on me and I thought I was almost too late for this absolutely gorgeous iris, always the first to flower.
The last is a scan of another lino cut this one overprinted on the very faint one from yesterday. This was actually cut from a softer material I think called speedball which I found so much easier to use than the lino.
A few more ideas for what to do with this stuff is flying around in my head.
Tomorrow I take my grand daughter and great grand son to the shops near Adelaide and I hope to see an open garden. I imagine it will be weed free, not like mine.
Tonights quote comes from the Koran
"He deserves Paradise who makes
his companion laugh."

2 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Your garden is lovely Penny, who cares about having no weeds! Interesting linocut also. How big is the stamp? Cheers, Robin

BT said...

What beautiful flowers, those iris are gorgeous, such a spring like colour. Excellent lino cut too. What is wrong with your knee? Jim has a bad knee too and it swells up at the slightest provocation.