Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A bit of this and a bit of that.




I have been to Adelaide today to see my mother who was as bright as a button! Sometimes I think the powers that be in that nursing home, and it is supposed to be one of the best, pull the wool over your eyes.
So to what I have been doing.
This is Maggie or properly Magpie awareness week or so the local radio station tells me, actually I think it is to warn people that they are nesting and may swoop on any one who goes near their nests. So here is one of our local magpies, they have the most beautiful song and can make lovely pets but we are not really allowed to have them but they can be trained to come and take the cats food!
Next a partly made Dorset Button that is for the Holey Moley Club that I am part of in other words we are exploring among other things holes, this button went a bit wonky but I still like it and it has got holes in it.
Next the jacket I have been knitting for months, finally finished and I enhanced the photos a bit and forgot to put them up so you have the un enhanced ones.. Any way it is a lot heavier than I anticipated but I am pleased with it and so glad it is finally finished. I think I began it in May.
And finally the lovely Banksia's on the tree in the neighbours garden over the road, the honey eaters all love it. I took that photo when walking last night.
I am home I am tired but all is well.
to night quote is I think by the famous Anon.

"A real friend
is one who walks in
when the rest
of the world walks out."

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

The jacket is fabulous! I want one!!

Thanks for stopping by Willow Manor. Hope to see you again soon.

Wanda..... said...

I love the design of your jacket...especially the colors...and to think you made it...it's really lovely!

ArtPropelled said...

What an extraordinary looking bird. I've seen photos of magpies but this one seems different.
I've been catching up with your two blogs and am amazed at all the different things that you do. I do like your leaf lino cut, by the way.

BT said...

I am so happy to have heard those magpies sing and what a wonderful warbling voice they have. Also we went to the botanic gardens in Canberra and saw many banksia bushes. They are fabulous. Your blog reminds me of our visit.