Sunday, June 29, 2008

More photos of the river and Lakes area



The first is of the Goolwa wharf showing how low the River is there you would not normally see the area below the wharf.
The second is of Pt Sturt, From the white sandy area this would be under water.
Same area a bit further along.
The last is of the cliffs at Clayton, I believe the water would be about half way up these cliffs normally.
We are having a wet and windy today, not a lot of rain but cold. About 3 mm.
We are out to Tabby and John's for dinner tonight which will be nice.
I have just discovered that a fox has got in and killed the bantams in the two coops I moved yesterday, now I feel like a murderer.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, everytime you show your pictures I think, what a nice place to live! Congratulations

Anonymous said...

LOL, I get another reaction from reading my Australian blogger's posts.

My husband and I installed three rainbarrels this summer so we could conserve water. Thing is we've had so much water this summer we haven't needed them - not to rub it in as our water tables and lakes are down as well.

Reading about the water situation in Australia has made me more aware that water can be a finite resource and I'm trying to be less wasteful now in my consumption.

Karen