Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More week end photos



I was fascinated in the way the sand had scoured out this bit of the beach, maybe a future textile. The other photo is around the actual bay, called Horseshoe bay at Pt Elliott and this is the breakwater. this was one of the first places that was suggested as a port in South Australia, after they lost several ships the idea was abandoned.
I have been busy catching up with a few things and getting a few more fabric stuff under way. I have beading tonight and tomorrow I go to Adelaide to see my mother. I have finally finished the rug I have been knitting and got it all together, I am not sure I am entirely happy with the colours but it is warm and I hope she likes it.
I think I will have to look out some heavier winter clothes than I have been wearing. I think Adelaide is 13 degrees tomorrow.

2 comments:

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Beaut photos but it looks so cold. I must get myself a camera. I'll ask a friend for advice as I don't know one end from the other with the latest cameras.
w.

Susan J Barker said...

There is Horseshoe Bay here, on the opposite, or almost opposite side of the world -- Horseshoe Bay is a ferry terminal, just North of Vancouver in British Columbia, Canada. Amazing how things so far away get similar names -- wonder if it was the same traveller/explorer who liked the name and used it wherever appropriate??