Friday, June 08, 2007

A moment of sunshine


I looked out of the kitchen door and saw this glow of leaves from the liquidamber and raced for the camera. I would love to be able to paint this but am not sure how to go about it.
The last of the leaves were glowing in a few minutes of sun. About all we got today, as it has been very overcast and cold, again, although the East cost of Australia is having huge storms. I keep saying it, back to normal.
If you look hard in this photo there is a peacock sitting on the wall behind the bay tree.
I have just had a dreadful thought, this new grandchild wont know me as the others have, when it is 10 I will be 78 and when it is 20 I will be 88. What a totally horrifying thought.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

what a lovely view - its pouring down here in Sydney...you will have a special relationship with
your grandchild, age doesnt really matter!

Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Now that could inspire a lovely painting Penny. Use watercolour or pastels, maybe wet the paper first and go for it. Use a stencil to get the black sections - or some cardboard edge to get it really straight.
Okay, I'm a bossy-boots in this posting.
w.