Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Bleached velvet


These are a couple of bits of cotton velvet that we bleached using cheap rubber stamps and household bleach. We did sort of neutralise the bleach with a rinse of vinegar. I dont know how long these would last but the effect was lovely. I think one I will do some more embellishing on, and one will go into my samples book.
Cool and damp feeling today although no actual rain. I have finished the washing and vacuumed and dusted the house, the numbers of small dead flies was amazing, with the damp and warmish weather they have been breading up around the calves, disgusting.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Very effective, but yes, I wonder how long it will last.

Dy said...

It looks fabulous! It's interesting the colour that bleaching produces. PS I've tagged you!

annetteb said...

It looks great and is a very interesting thought, I've also read that if it's real velvet you can iron with the material over the stamp. And yes the fly's have been foul this year. Annette