Tuesday, January 24, 2006

stamping on fabric



yesterday I began making up the fabric for the cover for my day to day diary. I hadnt been able tomake up my mind on how to go about it but in the latest Cloth Paper and Scissors there was an article on making paper backgrounds using stamps made from meat trays so I had a go at doing something simple like a brick wall and then got more confidentand drew up a skyline. I used ordinary Jo Sonja acrylic paint mixed with textile medium.This was stamped on tea dyed calico. I plan to overstamp the bricks and then sew. We will see how it turns out. The scan is not brilliant but does give some idea of what I have done so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh these are wonderful...this would be a cool challenge...to see what folks could produce with "meat art" or "meat art" or "meet art" ha ha ha I'm pretty funny tonight!! Ginger ps nice to see your blog!!!

marieJ' said...

....me like it very moocho...lol

"meat art" yes, yes, let's have a challenge....welcome to the "blog world"
marie