Monday, January 23, 2006

past sketches


This is nerve wracking. I dont know if I have got these sketches on or not. Well they are here. I did these last year, the first was while selling raffle tickets in the town, so a very odd view of things. The second was in winter at a hotel we had dinner in and as we were sitting at an odd angle to the fireplace this is what I could see. Sorry about the odd angles but they are direct from my sketchbook
Yesterday the weather was so hot, the temp up to 43degrees C but today I think it is about 14degrees. These huge temperature changes are common in summer but make you feel so tired.
I did try to sketch the cat but he was so hot it was very difficult, I didnt realise cats had so many odd angles.
I spent a lot of time yesterday doing some beading and collected my etching from the big Rotary art show that is held in the town at this time each year, it is of a cat on a couch and is coloured with watercolour, didnt cost me much but has a lot of appeal. I need small things to fit on my walls as there are so many paintings on them, almost to the ceiling. I keep thinking of the lovely sketches of enty ways, I dont think I could sketch mine, they have so much in them! Our normal one is the back door and farm back doors are full of rubber boots and dumped stuff, as well as the cats tray and the laundry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new blog! Good job. Good sketches...can't wait to see some kangeroos and such.

Terri said...

Hi Penny, welcome to the blogosphere! Great to see some sketches up already. Good for you. Looking forward to seeing more. :o)

Teri said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. The more you do and post on your blog, the easier it gets and the more fun you have.

Your sketches are great!

Clare said...

Welcome to Blogging and to EDM Penny. I remember your name from dollmaking, perhaps DDU or Diamond Dollies?
Your sketches are fabulous.