Monday, January 30, 2006

fabric samples



yesterday was cool and damp, lovely weather. I saw a doe and joey (mother kangaroo and baby) while I was feeding the ponies the big old man kangaroos seem to have gone so I suppose there is another generation of babies in the pouch, I sketched her but was too far away to do much. I spent most of the day trying to get more samples done for my playways on the net Module 3 assignments. It is taking me forever to get into this Module. I did some bonded tyvek with fabric scraps and then chiffon over the top and also some painted bonded web on to stretch velvet with a shimmer of foil and then chiffon over the top and using my soldering iron etchd into it. Makes rather nice rocky looking surfaces, I think I may have burnt a bit far in. I did others but those are the two I have scanned

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

oooo and ahhhhh these fabaric samples are so rich