Sunday, January 29, 2006

Peacocks and my diary cover



Yesterday was cooler with thunderstorms, We were lucky not to have a lightening strike that started a fire. It rained off and on all day, lovely not to water the garden We have had no rain for over a month and the rainwater tanks were getting low.
I sketched one of the peacocks on the top of the airconditioner on the roof, took about 5 minutes and got quite wet but he looked so bedraggled, I thenmade a mess of it by painting it and was trying to do it standing up in the rain so it wasnt good.
The flies have turned up in full force again and when I went to walk the dogs and found some weeds in the house paddock and spent time pulling them they drove me mad and I came home with my back covered in them.
I made silk paper yesterday, a wonderfully satisfying thing to do, I am hooked and will make more.

No comments: