Thursday, January 26, 2006

smoke and sun


Today we have been covered in smoke, first from the fires on Kangaroo Island and then when the wind changed from the huge fires burning in Victoria. It warmed up rather today but we had a cool night. Today is Australia Day and it is warming up.
I spent most of the day yesterday finishing off my diary cover, I am pleased with it but neither scan not photo show it very well.
Last night I sketched the crocosma flowers I had put in one of Rob's celadon glaze vases. I have both yellow and orange crocosma, they look like fire and grow like weeds but I love them. This was done in ink with my derwent watercolour pencils used to colour. Looks a bit washy in the scan.
Yesterday my pullets laid two eggs, as there are two of them they have obviously both decided to start laying. They are gorgeous but dont stay still enough for me to sketch them and I am not good at birds anyway. I keep trying.

2 comments:

Hashi said...

I like these flowers very much! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

A lovely composition Penny, so fresh and gentle. There's talent here!!!