Saturday, May 29, 2021

Beach walks Toda and yesterday

Shells from our morning walks, 8 degrees at 8 am this morning and a cold lazy breeze. The tide has been quite low and there are more shells t o be seen. Oh but my hands didn't like the cold. I must find my gloves. We were early this morning as we were to go to Adelaide for hair cuts but our hairdresser was caught up in the border closures due to the covid outbreak in Victoria so all ready early, up at 6 am, and no where to go. Instead I planted a pot of pansies and saw a beautiful monarch butterfly on a sage plant. About those shells, and the sea urchin, I love those very worn and broke whelks. I wonder how old this one is. Oh and so pleased to find a Cowrie, we haven't found one for ages. It is now a lovely sunny day perhaps another walk after lunch. That will be home made celery and leek soup with home made toasted bread.

1 comment:

Ellen D. said...

That large white one in your first photo is lovely! Amazing that it made it all the way to shore in one piece. Pretty!