Monday, April 01, 2019

I am very slowly making this little girl. Another Jill Maas pattern, Maisie and her mouse. I made the mouse a few years ago but somehow hadn't got around to Maisie. I made her a bit smaller and am really annoyed with myself for getting her mouth in the wrong place. Still a long way to go with dressing her but at least she has knickers and a petticoat. ( cut from an old one of mine). John and John have unexpectedly gone fishing. I hope they catch something. I have been out with the watering can and the thrive and have done all the front garden. I don't know what the soil is here but it's dreadful. We did have a bit over 8 mm the other day but with it we has wind which dries everything out. Up until today we have had interestingly big swells out to sea too. But now the sun is out sand it is much calmer. I think a small Nanna nap is in order and then planting some geranium cuttings and perhaps cutting out some more clothes.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh, I had a long sigh after reading the post. Planting. Will my weather here ever get warm enough to plant! In reality, we don't plant plants here until after the middle of May. But I long to get out there and clear the debris. Even when the day warms in the afternoon, a too cool wind/breeze is almost constant now for days. I have decided to plant Morning Glory seeds everywhere I have a place for them to climb. They are tried and true to give lots of color and flowers. I LOVE Jill Maas creations. I have made a lot of dolls over the years and I hope I will have the urge to make more, but I think that's a while off as I focus on quilting right now.

Be well.
xx, Carol